Monday, March 31, 2008

Laid Off!

For those of you who haven't heard, I was laid off from my position here at GE last Monday. My last day is this coming Friday. I am in the trucking industry, and it's been hit hard with the downturn in the economy. So, my business laid off any role that was not deemed "business critical". I was given a nice severance package, so financially we're in good shape for a while.

So, please be in prayer about this. We know that we have a good God who wants His best for us. There's no doubt that He is in control, and He has decided that I should not work at this company any more.

There are several opportunities we're currently pursuing. Some are local, some are not. Please just pray that God would give us wisdom and clarity in this process. Thanks!

“In your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them” PS 139:16

2 comments:

Becky said...

Please let me know if there is anything we can do!

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

We are keeping the whole situation in prayer. The Lord knows our request, but He has bigger and better plans for us. Mom and Dad