Monday, July 2, 2012
Scared... but Thankful!
So last night we had a little scare. About 5 minutes after we had put the kids to bed, I heard one of the kids yell something that sounded like, "Mom!" We figured someone was trying to get out of bed. Then I heard this strange noise, like a wounded cat. I was confused whether the noise was inside or outside. Then I heard crying. So I headed upstairs to find Verity had thrown up... and in mess was a quarter. We think she had put a quarter in her mouth while she was in bed, laid down, and then choked on the quarter. We cleaned her up, calmed her down, gave her a drink get rid of the yucky taste, and put her back to bed. So everything was okay... but we couldn't help but think that it could have easily happened differently. We could have found her dead in the morning. I still shudder every time I think about it. But God was (and is) kind, and He spared her. We prayed together last night as a family and thanked God for protecting our little girl (Micah's idea). Definitely puts life in perspective! So thankful for God's kindness to us!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praising God for His unwavering protection ! Love, Mom & Dad Duff
Jeremiah 17:14 (NLT)
14 O Lord, if you heal me, I will be truly healed;
if you save me, I will be truly saved.
My praises are for you alone!
So scary! So happy and thankful all turned out okay.
Post a Comment