The first time I got stopped, the guy tried to use his business savvy. He looked at the kids and asked if I needed a babysitter. "Um... yeah," I hesitatingly replied (I couldn't see where he was going with this yet). Then, he proceeded to tell me that he had the BEST babysitter... DirecTV! I tried to not let my jaw drop to the floor and just politely told him, "No, thank you." Isn't that what we moms try to avoid... letting the TV become the babysitter! Sheesh!
The second time I got stopped was today. Actually that's not entirely true. He didn't stop me; he stopped himself. He saw me, started to ask me a question, but when he saw that I had not only the two kids in my cart, but two behind me as well. He actually laughed out loud! He apologized for laughing and said, "I'm sorry for laughing. You don't have time for TV!" To which I smiled. Yeah, you got one thing right.
1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe the first guy's comment!
And the second one gave me a good laugh!
Post a Comment