Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Peaz" and Broccoli

I absolutely love my two boys! They are so sweet, and they give me many reasons to smile and laugh.

Micah has been starting to pick up little words here and there, which is so adorable. He now knows that screeching will not get him what he wants, but if he says "peaz" he will be much more successful. He also will say something that resembles "thank you" (sounds more like deh-doo) when he is given something.

Another thing he will often say is "ow" (which is Micah-speak for cow) and oo-OO (which is moo). There is a farm that adjoins our property, and Micah loves looking out the back window for the cows that sometimes stop by. Right now, every animal he sees is an "ow" until we tell him otherwise. "No, Micah, that's a bear," and every so often he will surprise us with a sweet little "beh." I love it!

And let's not forget Ethan, who is a riot with some of the things that he says. Here are the three latest:


  1. Last Saturday, I asked him if there was anything fun that he would like to do over the weekend. He said, "Oh, we could play outside, and then maybe go out for lunch." Jim loves to go out to eat, and Ethan has definitely picked up that trait. I said, "Oh Ethan, you are your daddy's son!" to which Ethan replied, "I'm always my daddy's son." What a hoot!

  2. I told Ethan that my mom and sister were going throw me a party, called a baby shower, since he was going to have a sister soon. Tonight, out of nowhere he said, " So Aunt Kristina and Noni are going to let you have a shower!" (Thanks, Mom and Kris, for letting me shower. I'll probably need to bathe sometime in November :-)


  3. And finally, the best of all... Tonight we had beef and broccoli for dinner. For some reason, we usually call broccoli "trees" so Ethan was talking about eating trees. I told him that it was called "broccoli," to which he responded excitedly, "I know a girl named Broccoli." It took me a second to realize what he meant by this, but then I told him, "No, Ethan, her name is Brooklyn."

Hmm... Broccoli Kolmus- what do you think?

8 comments:

kreationsbykristina said...

I love Ethan--isms! They were hilarious and of course Micah is just to cute! Can't wait to see you guys!...and hey,...instead of a shower, how about a bubble bath?

Anonymous said...

Too cute Amber, thanks for sharing! I love Ethan's shower comment too and Caleb also loves "moos". I don't remember the others loving cows so much but I think that might be his birthday theme in Dec. :) How fun to have a field right behind you!

Becky said...

What smart little men you have :) Isn't it fun?!

As I was reading, Alex came up said "Want to play with them". Maybe we can get the boys together at some point :)

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

Oh, Ethan--you are so funny!! And hearing Micah's pleases and thank you's on the phone is so precious--but can't wait to hear them in person.

Mama Duff said...

The boys just make my day.... I was working my second job last night in Gettysburg and broccoli and peaz just popped in my head ! I just started laughing and everyone looked at me like I was nuts. OK, so maybe I am nuts, but they make me smile. Love you guys !

Michelle said...

Just love that pic of you with your boys!
What a crack up Ethan is! So glad you finally get to have a shower! LOL! ;)

Stephen's Family said...

What a great pic of the three of you, how precious. I love the words/phrases of your boys, Micah is growing up so fast!
Love you

Anonymous said...

Your blog has been quiet for a little while, so I just wanted to say that I miss the updates and hope you're all doing well. I'm also glad that Micah likes cows so much...they're an excellent choice for a favorite animal :) Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Keri