Getting off the bus and the first week of projects


Micah coloring a paper plate (with washable markers :-)

Verity hanging out on the couch.
She's now able to sit by herself for a little while. She is also starting to play with toys more.Celebrating my 28th birthday.
We went out to Macaroni Grill for dinner as a family, and then came home for some Oreo pie. Yum!The First Week
Ethan started school 1 week ago, and while I'd like to say it's been the best experience ever, it hasn't been exactly what I thought it would be. First of all, I was expecting Ethan to be enthralled with school, but his reaction has been much more reserved (which is hard for me as his mom). I think that he's having fun and learning a few things, but he has said a couple of times, "Mommy, I don't want to go to school. I want to stay home with you," which breaks my heart. As a mom, you don't want your kids to go through anything hard, but you know that sometimes they need to experience challenges to grow. Jim and I will have to be in conversation about what to do with Ethan and school as time goes on. For now we'll just have to wait and see.
Ethan going to school has also had a huge impact on life at home. I guess I thought that taking care of 2 at home instead of 3 would give me more time to get things done, but in reality it has been the opposite. Ethan was such a big help to me at home, not only in helping with folding, etc., but in being an extra set of eyes to watch what Micah is doing. I feel like now that Ethan's in school my days are longer (which they are) and fuller. I'm brainstorming to figure out what to do with Micah so I can get laundry, dishes, meal prep, etc. done. Some ideas have worked well, but others have been duds. We'll see how this week goes. It hasn't been bad though- God's grace has sustained me, and I have enjoyed the new things that I've been able to do with Micah and Verity... but it has been a lot of work! :-)
4 comments:
Someday, you'll look back on these 'trying' days and realize that they are some of the best because you were seeing the Hang in there and watch what the Lord can do!
I am reposting because part of my message was cut off. I was saying that they were the best because you are seeing the world through your children's eyes.
What an exciting week! Hang in there....it will get better (it always does!). You're in my thoughts and prayers :)
It sounds like it has been a little tough, but I am blessed at seeing how you and Jim are working through it all! I am glad you were able to enjoy your birthday too! I am sure it will all just take some more time to adjust... it looks like Micah had fun coloring and I can't believe how much Verity looks like you!!! Too precious!
Post a Comment