We did a fun variation on the jack-o-lantern for Halloween this year using templates that I found online. I printed out the pumpkins and the various face parts. The kids colored each piece, we cut them out, and then glued them to the page. I let everyone do most of the work themselves, so you can probably guess whose drawing is whose :-)
The kids had a blast this year trick-or-treating this past Saturday (our community usually does it on a Friday or Saturday... so thankful for that convenience!). It was really funny to see their personalities revealed even in their trick-or-treating style. Ethan was eager and had no reserve of going up to any door and knocking. Micah was fine going up if I went with him to the door. Once he realized that there was candy involved, he had less reserve, but still liked the comfort of knowing I was there with him. Little Miss Verity wanted to do everything herself and was very decisive in which candy she wanted.
Here they are in their costumes. Ethan was the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, Micah was a police man (since I had a policeman costume and he didn't really care what he dressed up as), and Verity was a little pumpkin (my FAVORITE costume for little ones!). I couldn't decide which of these two pictures I liked the best so I included them both!
Here are a couple of sweet pictures of our sweet little Verity:





2 comments:
What an ADORABLE pumpkin costume! And I liked seeing their colored pumpkins too. Yes, I could tell who each one belonged to :)
Verity is so darn ADORABLE in that pumkin costume! I just want to pick her right up and squeeze her!
Love the colored jack-o-lantern pictures, and the cute scarecrow and policeman, too. :)
Post a Comment