Verity at the dinner table: "Daddy, a dinosaur is not a living animal. It is ex-STINKS!"Josiah doesn't talk much yet, except for "ma-ma-ma". Every once in a while he says something that sounds like, "I did it," to which I ask, "You did?" He usually answers yes.
Ethan, while watching the Masters, kept talking about the golfers hitting balls into the "sandbox." He also said that they didn't want to get "boogies." He meant bogeys, but I don't think they wanted boogies either :-).
Also, there's a character in a Wii game whose name is Pierre, but Ethan keeps calling him "Purée." That would be a rough name to grow up with!
Micah told us in the car that he wanted to stay a kid forever. I told him it was fun to be a kid, but to not worry about growing up because it's also fun to be an adult and get married, etc. "But I don't want to get married!" he said. "Trust me, Micah," I replied, "you're going to need a wife to take care of you when you get older." We went back and forth a few times before Micah said in exasperation, "How can I marry an adult? I'm just a kid!" "Micah, I didn't mean you should get married right now!"
And finally... when the kids are really excited about something they usually shout, "Sweet Spaghetti!" I'm not sure how the phrase got started; either Ethan or Micah said it first. However, like most young children, they don't pronounce "spaghetti" correctly. So instead they usually yell, "Sweet Pasketti!"
No comments:
Post a Comment