Thursday, June 26, 2008

Jim Jr. and Jim Jr. II... and The New Adventures in Lego Land


My boys are definitely their father's sons. This afternoon Ethan asked if he could turn on some music. Next thing I know we were listening to "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." For any of you who know Jim really well, Christmas music starts on October 1st and, well, it never really stops does it? There's Christmas in July and other times that he just likes to listen to Christmas music. Apparently, Ethan is of his father's persuasion that Christmas music is too good to only play in December... and I have to say that I quite agree with him. Here are a couple of pics of Ethan dancing to the Christmas music with a blanket and Micah chasing him around.

The next picture is of Jim Jr. II, a.k.a. Micah. Again, if you know Jim well, you may have discovered that he cannot sit "Indian-style." Instead he sits with his knees forward and his feet backwards. From the looks of it, it seems like Micah has inherited this trait (Sorry, Sweetie).


Lastly, while we were unpacking Ethan's room a couple of weeks ago, we came across Jim's old Lego set from his childhood. I had not opened them previously because either Ethan was too young, Micah was around, or just because I forgot that they existed. Well, Ethan has been having a BLAST with them. He actually sits alone in his room, plays quietly with his Legos, and is content for quite some time (which is an amazing feat for my energetic, extroverted son). His favorite thing to build is... you can probably guess it- ceiling fans. He has come up with quite a few good designs I must say.

After I put Micah down for a nap this morning, Ethan wanted me to play Legos with him. Then, he wanted me to build a plane just like a picture in the Lego book. So I took a stab at it, and it actually turned out really well (Ethan is holding it in his right hand in the first picture. In his left hand is one of his fan creations :-). Ethan later converted the plane into a helicopter, which you can see in the second picture if you look closely (it has two blades up top and two in the back). So the adventures in Lego Land continue to the next generation. P.S. Jim, I hope that you enjoy these pics of your boys. We all are looking forward to you coming home!

4 comments:

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

I agree that some Christmas music is too nice to just listen in Dec. The boys look like they are having a blast and that there is plenty of room for them to grow in.

Anonymous said...

I love to hear how the kids are taking after Jim :) And Legos ARE fantastic. Josiah loves to sit and construct too but I have to agree that it's amazing for Ethan to be quiet and still for a while :) Did Ethan get a haircut? He looks cooler in his new "due" - we cut Josiah's recently too but this time it was b/c he cut it first and we were trying to "fix" it - Miss you!

Michelle said...

Our boys must be related, I just posted about them playing with Lego's yesterday. Too funny!

Linda said...

Legos are so great for boys. Xavier still enjoys his and it's a great context for him to be creative and constructive instead of just being rough and rugged. He does tend to build fortresses and elaborate secret escape routes though... I prefer sitting like Micah does to Indian-style - easier on the lower back. Missing you guys!