Friday, November 30, 2007

The B-I-N-G-O

On Tuesday Ethan started a new unit for "school." We are now working our way through letter sounds. Yesterday we did "B" so we were talking about different words that begin with the letter B, like ball, bear, and the Bible. I was re-teaching him "The B-I-B-L-E" song (we used to sing it all the time, but have not sung it in a while), and when we got to the last B-I-B-L-E in the song, I pointed to the worksheet that had the word on it. Ethan instead of saying the right letters said, "The B-I...N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-o!" It took everything in me not to bust up laughing at this point (he was trying so hard and I didn't want to discourage him). Oh, Ethan. You are too funny!

3 comments:

Linda said...

That's so silly. That's how my Mom taught me to spell my name (the Bingo song).

There was a Momma had a girl and Linda was her name-o
L-I-N-D-A and Linda was her name-o

Then there was my Dad's name, Fritz. She took a Ritz box and wrote a big "F" in front of the word. Ah - the creativity God grants mothers.

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

Ehtan, you are a hoot!

Michelle said...

Funny kiddo!