
Ethan and I were able to take some time on Saturday and hang out together. Amber and I told
him that he was going to get to have "Daddy Day" and it would be full of fun surprises! So, first we drove to a local trail and went out for a 'hike'. It couldn't have been more than a 1/2 mile in the end, but I think it took us over an hour! We spent a lot of time kicking leaves, playing with sticks, and talking. It was great!!
him that he was going to get to have "Daddy Day" and it would be full of fun surprises! So, first we drove to a local trail and went out for a 'hike'. It couldn't have been more than a 1/2 mile in the end, but I think it took us over an hour! We spent a lot of time kicking leaves, playing with sticks, and talking. It was great!! Afterward, we headed over to Chuck-E-Cheese. It was the first time Ethan had ever been there. He had no idea what he was in for!!! We ordered a pizza and some soda and then tore off across the room. Keeping track of him was quite difficult! We played all sorts of games.
I think Skee-ball or 'bowling' as Ethan called it was definitely one of his favorites. I was impressed. We didn't have any balls leave our lane! We had several go straight from his hand up into the holes without ever touching the lane, and we had one smack into the sign at the top of our lane, but it came right back to us!
Ethan also really liked the machines that 'munched' on the tickets he won. He was thrilled to get 5 Tootsie Rolls when we turned in the ticket count. He's such a fun kid to be with. As we walked out of the restaurant, he said, "Thanks, Dad. I had a great time!" It was a great day!
2 comments:
What a fun day! Looks like Ethan really enjoyed himeself, and that you did too, Jim! And I just cannot believe this is his 1st time at Chuch E. Cheese! We dont go more than 1x a year, but it is usually with a grandparent or 2! Glad you boys had a fun day!
Ethan is such a boy--it's great that you two had a day together. It is sooo important for boys to be with their daddy. His photography definitely reflects his favorite things in life, especially the light, the fan, his dad, and the computer--not necessarily in that order. Good job, Ethan!!!
Post a Comment