Today was Ethan's first day of school... well, sort of. I can't call it his first day of school because we have done "school" in the past and because your true first day of school is when you start kindergarten. But, today was the first day of school for the new year (I took a break for the move and for the summer). Ethan is so ready to learn and is at the point where he wants to know how words are spelled, so it was high time for some more formal instruction.The first day went really well. It took a bit longer than I think most days will go, but I guess that that's just how it goes. We had a fun time, and hopefully I'll be able to guide Ethan to learning how to read. We are going to do a unit called "Who Am I?", and we'll be exploring who he is and how God has made him special. We are also going to continue with memorizing Scripture. We only did a couple of verses before we ended last school year, but Ethan still remembers the Bible verses and recites them frequently (Thanks, Julie, for the ABC Bible Verses!). I am trying to choose verses that are truths he can apply to life, even at this age. I am so thankful for the wealth of wisdom that is found in God's Word, and I hope that I can help Ethan to begin to utilize God's living and active Word.
The picture is of Ethan standing in front of one of his school bulletin boards. He colored the picture on the board, and I think that he did a great job (he has come a long way in his coloring!).
1 comment:
Truly to train up a child in the way he will go and when he is older he will not depart from it. Such wisdom from the Word. Ethan is such a wonderful young person and I am excited to see where the Lord will take him this year.
Post a Comment