Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

Oh boy, oh boy- It's NOT a boy! Yep. That's right- It's a GIRL!!!

I went in for my 20 week ultrasound today, and we were so surprised when they told us! Jim is still in shock. I'm sure that deep down he's happy that we're having a girl, but he was really convinced it would be a boy (and I think that the thought of having a girl is a little terrifying to him right now :-). But we know that God in His sovereignty knows what is best for us. I have to say though that I'm pretty excited! I went to Target this afternoon, and it took a good deal of restraint not to buy something cute and girly!

So now the next big adventure- picking out names. We like to have at least one Biblical name (which is harder with girls), and we also like to use a family name if possible. So we'll see what we decide. I'll also have to go through all of the clothes that I have and figure out what isn't too boyish (at least boys clothes are usually acceptable for girls- more than the other way around). Yea!

6 comments:

Stephen's Family said...

A girl:) I'm so excited for you guys and the Kolmus grandparents must be excited to be getting their first granddaughter. Praying for you in the months ahead and hope you have fun getting a couple outfits for her. Love you.

kreationsbykristina said...

Soooo exciting!! and happy for you guys! Another little girl to add to the family! Congrats! Can't wait to see the little one!

Michelle said...

Yay, yay, YAY! I am just sooo excited for you guys! I had a feeling it might be, but didn't want to say anything. And what fun for us both to be having little girls so close! I can totally relate to wanting to go and get an outfit, if it weren't for a tight budget, I would have gone crazy I think! Good luck on the names, we are having a tough time ourselves. You would think after 3 boys we would have something picked out. Oh well, she will have a name by the time she is born. :)

Anonymous said...

How Exciting! How wonderful that you will get a little girl to train up, Amber - you are going to excel in teaching her godly womanhood! :) And I thought the same thing about using boys clothes for girls - and you definitely 'can' but when you get a few pink gifts, you see a difference and then think girls always look better in pink! :) Especially when they're too young to look like a little girl ~ How fun! And I think my sister in law who has four girls would think the same thing about having a boy ~ it's just not what Jim's used to... he's gonna love having a Daddy's girl though I'm sure!

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

I'm so excited that there will be another girl to spoil in the family! We need to increase the number of girls anyway. Besides, Jim needs a girl to wrap him around her finger! Look out! I'm also happy because I think that it will be better for Micah not to have to compete with another boy too soon. I bought pink stuff today!!!

Becky said...

Congrats! I was just catching up on reading and emails and am excited to hear your good news :)

Hopefully you are feeling well!!!