Friday, March 27, 2009

Snippets from Our Week

Here are a few snippets from our week:

The other day Ethan was playing in the back yard with his wagon. When I looked outside, this is what I saw:


What a fun game! Micah definitely wanted to ride, too, but he was stuck inside. He was such a sweetie in this video though.

The next day, Ethan asked if he could pull Micah in the wagon. With a bit of temerity, I agreed. Ethan did really well with Micah, and Micah loved it!


Today their rolls were reversed, and Micah pushed Ethan on the Mickey Mouse train:


This week I put Verity in the activity center for the first time. She really loved looking at the lights. Her little arms and feet were moving with excitement.



The boys really love the activity center, too. They always want the lights and sound to be on. She was in it this morning, and they both wanted to join her in the fun!



Micah has been carrying around an old Cabbage Patch doll of mine lately. It's his "baby." After seeing me put Verity in the activity center, I guess he figured that that was a good place for his baby, too.



Afterwards, he kept saying "stinky." We checked him, and he wasn't stinky, but then we realized that he was talking about his baby! I told him that he'd better change the baby's diaper if it was stinky. So he put his hands on the baby and mimicked changing a diaper. Too funny :-).


And last, but not least, here is a pic of Verity sleeping in her carrier. So sweet.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics Amber! Thanks for keeping us updated. It almost feels like you guys are living close by. :-) We sure do miss y'all. Love you guys, Ryan and Chris

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

What great pics of the kids!! And too funny of Ethan in the wagon. It looks like Verity is getting quite the personality. You better watch that Micah doesn't try to change her diaper!!!

Becky said...

Sounds like things are going well! Hope you are all having a blast :)

btw...keep Aug. 15th open for a visit up North... 10 year reunion ;)

Julie said...

This was lots of fun to read! :) Ethan seems to have Josiah's daring heart... Josiah likes to try everything down our hill - I think his latest is his two-wheeler bike! I'm sort of nervous to see what he's going to try this summer!
And I love it too when the kids imitate caring for baby. I'm looking forward to how Caleb does with the next one b/c he's really taken on "Daddy" mode with his Curious George doll and also his diosaur - singing to them, swaddling them, and carrying them around... it IS so cute - I can see Micah doing the same thing :)
It seems like they are all blending well together as a threesome. And I can tell you're going a great job mothering them, Amber! As always: caring, patient, and compassionate :) Continuing to pray for you in these things! The Lord's Day always gets accomplished. ~ love you!