
Well, somehow it snowed here. I remember on the day that I left Erie to first move to Greenville it was extremely cold and the roads were covered with ice. By the time I reached Greenville it was in the 70s and I was in a T-shirt! Well, today was not like that day! Last night we received 3-4 inches of snow at our house. Ethan and I were at the evening service at church, and boy did the snow make a mess. There are three directions from which we can leave our church...and accidents had blocked all three! Now, to give a little credit to the drivers down here, there are no plows to clear these roads...so it's very hard to tell where the edge of the road is. But God kept us safe. Every time we had to turn around from another accident Ethan kept saying, "We're not going to make it!" I kept reassuring him that we'd be okay!

Today I had to drive with a colleague up to Salem, VA. There were cars all over the highway. We counted at least 30 vehicles in the medians, facing the wrong way, overturned, and smashed. The funny part, if there is a funny part, is how many snowmen had been built in the medians by all the stranded travelers!! We thank God for His protection, though. And honestly, the snow was beautiful. His creation is awesome!
3 comments:
Just in time for our visit!!!!
YEAH! you got snow too! :) Who would've imagined!
I guess March came in like a lion for even southerners this year! ~ And I absolutely love the pictures of the last post - I can't believe how old both Verity and Micah look! Thanks for sharing those!
WOW! That is too crazy! But my boys are so jealous! They want it to snow so bad here. They wish they were playing with Ethan and Micah in all that snow!
Post a Comment