Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Walking (and Playing) in a Winter Wonderland

On Friday night, it snowed!  Nothing for you northerners who have been hammered with blizzards, but just a nice 4 inches of snow that was enough to cover the yard, sled in, and build a snowman (or in our case a snow-woman).  We were glad that we took the opportunity to play in it on Saturday morning as most of the snow melted by the afternoon (which was nice since that also meant that it melted off the roads).  Here you can see Jim and Micah walking over to our snow run.  Our neighbor's daughter, Grace, came over to join us in the fun.  We all went down the hill in the snow saucers (Verity went down with me once, but I don't think she quite knew what was going on- she didn't seem to mind though).   Here is a picture of me and our little snow bunny, all bundled up.


Here are a couple of videos of the boys sledding.  They're a little washed out, but  you can still tell what's going on.

 

Here you can see how many inches we got (it kind of made the playground look like a Swiss chalet :-)

And here is the snow-woman that Jim and I built (who says the kids have to have all the fun?).  We decided she had to be a snow-woman since she was far too curvaceous to be a snowman ;-) 

So we played in the snow, went sledding, built a snowman, threw snowballs at each other, and enjoyed some Cocoa-motion when we were all done.  What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday in winter!

4 comments:

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

I'm glad you got to enjoy the snow instead of just non-stop shoveling! I can't say that I have "played" in it yet!

Becky said...

Sounds like you got the better deal of the storm :) Glad you could all enjoy it!

Kate Oberholtzer said...

Chad has informed me that it's probably not the smartest to go sledding at 9 months pregnant...so I'm having to abstain this winter. Sigh. But it was fun to live vicariously through you guys!!! (I think my favorite part was Jim running like a maniac to keep close to Micah on the sled!) :)

Jim Kolmus said...

The first couple times I was a little unsure how a 2-year-old flying down the hill was going to do! In the end, he never fell off and loved every second of it.