Thursday, October 28, 2010

Catching up

I apologize that it has taken me so long to catch up on blogging.  Our lives have been very full this fall... good stuff, but lots of it.  So I'm going to let the pictures do the updating.

There's been school...


(Verity is usually still eating breakfast when we start so she eats right outside the schoolroom ;-)...


...Cub Scouts for Ethan.  Jim is his den leader, which has taken a lot of planning and effort on his part.  Here they are on their first night of scouts:


...Ladies Bible study for me (studying the book of James), which has been great, but very convicting!  I also went on the Ladies Weekend Getaway that was cut way short due to a bed bug infestation!!!  Here I am on my way home (at least I'm still smiling ;-):


... and our townhome in PA is on the market which means two mortgages... again!  

But through the full schedules and tight budgets, we are relying on God's grace and provision.   I was reminded of this verse tonight (through a friend via Facebook, of all places!), "The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup. You hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, indeed I have a beautiful inheritence." Psalm 16:5-6.  We are very thankful for the things that God is teaching us during this season and for His kindness to us over the past couple of months.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love that Ethan is in Cub Scouts! Scouting is such a great program for boys, both my brothers were able to get their Eagle, and Josh and I plan on encouraging our boys to do the same.
If Jim is every needing some new idea's and such, having been Nathanaels Den Leader for over a year now, I have found some great websites/blogs that I would be happy to pass along to him. :)