Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The First Day of "Shool"

Okay so we just watched Megamind a few weeks ago and thought it was hilarious :-).  The title of the post is a shout out to the movie.

AnywayI know it sounds crazy but we started school on August 3rd!  By the time August rolls around, this southern heat and humidity is too much for my Yankee bones :-)... first day of school was literally 100 degrees outside!  So in the attempt to get a jump on the school year, we start 2 weeks before the schools.  That's the idea anyway.  We never end up with as much extra time as I expect, but that's okay.  We break for trips and visitors and Christmas and birthdays and... you get the idea ;-).

The kids were super excited to start school and let's face it, so was I!  I love this picture of the three of them eagerly awaiting the start of a new year:


Here they are checking out their school folders.  Micah said, "Ooh!  This is cool!"  I put some stickers in their folders just for fun.  Micah didn't want to actually use them though.  He just wanted to look at them.  Verity, on the other hand, went through those sticker sheets like they were going out of style!  ;-)




We had a GREAT first day and were able to accomplish more than I really expected for Day 1!  At the end of the day, they were proud to show Daddy their work:



My mom mentioned the other day that it was nice that I had the luxury to spend time with my kids like this (and just to be clear, she didn't mean it negatively).  I'm not sure I've used the work "luxury" regarding homeschooling, but she's absolutely right.  I feel very rich for the opportunity to spend these irreplaceable years with my crazy kiddos.  I'm grateful for the love, support, and wisdom that I receive from my patient and level-headed hubby (because, yeah, I easily get overwhelmed or worried and I need someone to reel me back to reality and point me to Christ).  And I'm thankful that God has abundantly provided for our needs so I can stay home with them and raise them up in His ways.  I'm lovin' it! :-)

No comments: