Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Beauty and the Snow Beast

About once a year, we get a decent snow in South Carolina.  Well, Saturday, I put the kids down for quiet time.  Thirty minutes later I happened to look out the window, and this is what I saw!

It was a beautiful blanket of snow... just enough for the kids to play in and make a snowman!  Here is Jim making a starting ball for Verity.

And yes, he was not wearing a jacket.  Yes, he was making a snowball with his bare hands.  Yes, I tried to convince him to wear a jacket.  Yes, he's a little crazy!  But I love him! :-).

Here are the kids making giant snowballs for the snowman and Daddy helping stack them:


And this was the finished product!


More of a snow-beast than a snowman!  Kids had fun though :-)  By Sunday afternoon, all the snow had melted away, except for the last vestiges of our little snowbeast.  It is nice living in South Carolina...we get to have a taste of snow without the sludgy mess for the next week!

1 comment:

Julie V. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that you had snow. How cool!