Friday, July 27, 2007

Alley Oops!

Yesterday, Ethan and I went to the bowling alley with some friends of ours- Julie Valentine, and her kids, Josiah (4), Katelyn (2), and Caleb (7 months). It was an adventure, to say the least! With the help of 6 lb. bowling balls and bumpers, the kids were able to roll the balls down the lane to knock down the pins... most of the time. One time, however, Ethan rolled the ball right into the bumper and it went back and forth across the alley until it literally stopped at the halfway point! We had a laugh about that one.


The kids did very well for the first few frames, but the novelty started to wear off around the fifth frame. Thankfully, I came prepared with fruit snacks, which kept them happy a little bit longer. By the time we got to the end of the game (which took over an hour and a half), we were all ready to be done.


Despite the insanity of bowling with four kids under the age of five, we had a great time and made some great memories. Also, the whole adventure cost only 50 cents a person! What a deal! Thanks, Julie, for being such a trooper coming with us (thanks for the pics as well. I hope that you don't mind that I borrowed them from your blog)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind at all :) Feel free to use any photos I have. Once you upload yours let me know if you have any other good ones! And I LOVE your title. How did you think of that?!?! So creative!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim & Amber,

I was reading the all about your bowling adventures on Julie's post and saw that you have a blog too...hope you don't mind that I came over to check it out :)

I loved reading about Ethan helping to change the outlet covers...amazing what he can already do as a three-year-old!

Keri Houp