Yesterday was Amber's birthday. It was a nice day. I came home from work at lunch time so we could sing happy birthday, blow out candles, and eat some Oreo pie (it was yummy). After work we left the boys with a sitter (thank you, Ruthie!), grabbed a quick dinner, and took off for a Greenville Drive (minor league baseball) game. We had front row seats between home plate and the home team's dugout! It was great! (...gotta love minor league...$8/seat!...I guess I'm not supposed to mention that, but it's too good of a deal not too!).George Hincapie threw out the first pitch. He's a big name in cycling...one of Lance Armstrong's former teammates. We were a bit worried about rain, but God held it off for us. It was honestly really nice. In the end, our team lost, but it was still fun to be there.
By the way, some of you [men] may find this interesting. The Greenville Drive is a farm team for the Boston Red Sox. Fluor Field, the Drive's ballpark, has the exact dimensions of Fenway Park in Boston. The only exception is the height of the 'Green Monster' in left field. At Fenway, it's 37 feet. At Fluor, it's only 30 feet. The scoreboard is manual, as you can see from the operator sitting in the 'Hits' box!
5 comments:
Yes, Amber - I meant to jot you a line and found myself saying to Keith as we went to bed last night - I think it was Amber's birthday today! (eyeeee!) Happy Birthday :) Sounds like you had a great time! We love those minor league teams. oh, and I loved the picture of the manual scoreboard - I didn't know that existed these days! How fun!
Thanks, Sweetie, for a great b-day! I know that there were several things that did not turn out the way you wanted, but I really appreciated your efforts and creativity. Thanks also for posting the day and honoring me. I love you, too!
Happy birthday Amber! I didn't know you were a baseball fan? it sounds like you had a fun day with your hubby!
Marie,
To respond to your comment- I'm not specifically a baseball fan, but I do like to watch sports in general. The baseball game was more because we have a local minor league team. We did have a great time.
Happy (late) birthday, Amber! What a sweet hubby you have, planning a fun day!
Post a Comment