Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ultrasound Pics of Baby Kolmus

Yesterday I had my first ultrasound for this pregnancy. Everything looks great! Praise God!!! We got to hear the heartbeat and see the baby move. I always feel that having an ultrasound always makes it seem more real- that there is actually a real person on the way. Jim was a champ and helped with the kids, which was very much appreciated since my appointment took 2 1/2 hours! Thanks, Sweetie.


So I am at 13 weeks, and my due date is February 10th. I will have another ultrasound at 20 weeks, we'll see at that point if the baby is a boy or a girl (just in case anyone is wondering, we are completely fine either way- we know that the Lord knows what is best and are trusting in His perfect plan). So here are a couple of what Jim and I like to call "alien baby pictures." The first one is a traditional ultrasound picture. You can see the head, the brain, the spinal column, and the profile of the face pretty well. The second is called either a 3D or a 4D ultrasound picture (I'm not sure which). It's kind of cool- you can see the contours of the face, and it looks like he/she might be sucking his/her thumb. Pretty amazing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, this is so neat! I don't think I've ever had such clear ultrasound pictures! These are GREAT! What a blessing to see this little miracle inside! :)

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

What a wonderful way to watch and anticipate God's design!!! I can't believe the clarity of the pictures--amazing technology.

Stephen's Family said...

How amazing and exciting for you guys. I've never seen a 3D ultrasound before but pretty amazing, it almost looks like a charcoal drawing, the babies first portrait:) Happy to hear everything is going great!

Jim Kolmus said...

It's got to be a boy, though. Look at those biceps!

Becky said...

how wonderfully amazing! Congratulations, Kolmus Family! What another great adventure :)

Michelle said...

Very, VERY cool pictures! They are just so clear! Technology truly is amazing!