After naps and dinner, we all enjoyed some cake.
Happy Birthday, dear Micah!
Micah did not know what to think of the cake. First, he poked it a little.

Then we gave him a few tastes so he would know what it was. After tasting it a couple of times (and gagging on it once), he poked it some more, but didn't like how it felt on his hands... at first. But once he started squishing it through his fingers, it was a lot more fun!
but he only liked to eat the cake that was mashed into his fingers. Yum!


By the end, he was sufficiently covered in cake.

After the cake (and a much needed bath), it was time to open presents. I have to say that I tried really hard to find good toys for Micah this year, but in the end he was much more interested in a yellow ball that we had in the playroom and his birthday cards. The one success was this top, but as you can see the yellow ball is still in the other hand and the cards are in his wake :-)
It was a very fun day, and we loved the time we got to spend with our boys. We love you, Micah and Ethan! Here is Micah saying bye-bye for now:
4 comments:
I really cant beleive he is 1 already! That really flew by! Happy 1st birthday, Micah! And I love all the video, Amber. It is a fun way to "see" the boys. I need to get on the ball and do some myself.
I am loving the blog videos! It helps to make the boys (and you guys) seem a little closer.
I love the picture of Micah laughing with his hands covered in cake, how precious. He has changed so much since you guys moved:( Happy Birthday Micah!
Yeah! Happy Birthday Micah! What a great idea guys to go on a train ride and swings to make his day special. :) I bet he loved it. He's so cute - I love the picture below the one Marie said... great smile! Thanks for sharing about his big day :)
Post a Comment