Yesterday was October 1. October 1 used to be my official Christmas music start date. Amber thought that was a tad bit early, so we've pushed it a little closer to Christmas now...to November 1! Yesterday, though, she agreed to let me play some. Whoo hoo! It was so fun to listen to. I just love Christmas music!
(Side note: My brother Rich led us to a site called Pandora [www.pandora.com]. You enter a few songs or artists that you like, and the program will automatically determine other artists and songs that are similar to the ones you picked. It then just plays song after song without commercials. We've found ourselves really enjoying this. It even has a Sovereign Grace Music channel!)
3 comments:
I just want to say that if October 1st sounds early to anyone, you have no idea what the real situation is. Even though Jim says that our agreed start date is November 1st, that is not really true because there is no end date. Jim listens to Christmas music all year round. November is just when he can listen to it all the time if he wants to. But, I don't mind. I love Christmas music as well, but Jim goes beyond the norm. That's okay- I love you for it, Jim!
I also have to say that Jim's love of Christmas music has carried on to Ethan as well. When Ethan helps me fold laundry, he always asks if we can listen to Christmas music- funny kid!
You know, our weather up here has been cooler than normal and I'm really into fall - I was actually thinking about Christmas songs the other day too... I read the birth of baby Jesus this week with the kids and we sang Away in the Manger afterwards..... it's a ways off I suppose but it'll be here before we know it! :) I LOVE this season!
Ooh, I love pandora, too! My sister Klare told me about it a few weeks ago and I love it!
Post a Comment