
Today we took the boys to a local pumpkin patch to buy some pumpkins and enjoy the cool, fall weather. We had a great time! We also got some really cute pictures of the boys. Here are a couple picture of Ethan:


And here are a couple of Micah- so sweet!


The pumpkin patch had several structures to play on and some farm animals to look at. Micah enjoyed looking at the baby chicks...

...and Ethan had a blast jumping on this tire contraption.

The Lord also blessed us with free tickets for the hayride! There was a family who for some reason had extra tickets, and they were kind enough to give them to us. We probably would not have spent the money for the hayride (it was more than we wanted to pay), so it was a huge blessing. Ethan was pretty excited (we think that this is the first time either of the boys have been on a hayride). Here we are on the hayride:


We bought a pumpkin for everyone, and, hopefully, we will carve them tomorrow (we have purchased pumpkins every year, but have not carved them in at least four years!). Afterwards, we went out to lunch at El Molcajete, one of our favorite restaurants when we lived in SC before. What a fun way to spend a Saturday!
5 comments:
How fun! The pics are so cute. They are both getting soo big!!! I can't wait for next months visit!
The pictures really bring back memories of taking you guys to the pumpkin patch. I remember the year I bought this huge pumpkin (because of course all the pumpkins were the same price and I wanted more for my money). I had the bright idea to use the pumpkin after the holiday to toast the seeds and make pumpkin pie (we were poor, you know!) What an all day affair that was!!!
Oh what fun! Wish our weather would cool down. We are planning our pumpkin patch trip sometime this week, so look for pic's soon on my blog!
Jenny~ I have done that many a time with my pumpkins, too!
Oh forgot to add, I just LOVE Micah's little cheese face! Too cute!
I can't believe how big Ethan looked in some of those pictures!
I love getting to read how kind God is being to all of you in granting small pleasures right now...a free hayride, a family birthday celebration, the dedication of Micah to the Lord. Isn't it just amazing sometimes to reflect on God's kindness to not only save us but also to delight to show His goodness to us in the everyday? Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment