Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Finished Product

So for the first time in many years, we carved pumpkins for Halloween. Here is Ethan with our pumpkin "family" at the front door (the hard hat is not part of his costume; he just happened to be wearing it at the time). Jim's pumpkin is the large one on the right, mine is the one on the left, and Ethan's and Micah's are the two smaller pumpkins on the ground. Ethan drew their faces and wrote his and Micah's names on the back.

We had a blast carving them- we'll have to make it a tradition or something (there's a novel idea :-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great Amber! We hope to carve one soon too :) Keith usually gets pretty creative so we'll see what he comes up with this time. Did you roast the seeds? We always look forward to that part too!
lv ya ~ Julie

Unknown said...

I did roast the seeds, but boy was that a catastrophe. I thought that I knew how to do it, but I must have done something wrong. I thought that I was supposed to dry them out on paper towels, but the seeds stuck to the towels so I either had to pull the paper off or just throw them away. It was way more effort than it was worth. I did manage to save a good deal of the seeds to roast, but next time, I'll have to follow a recipe!