Friday, October 17, 2008

Jim's 31st Birthday and Micah's Dedication


This year, we celebrated Jim's birthday at home with a nice dinner and some dump cake (Jim's birthday was on the 9th so I'm a little late with this blog). Here is Ethan helping Jim blow out all of the candles (I tried to put the candles in the shape of the number 31, but I didn't have as many as I thought I did so you have to use your imagination a little to connect the dots).

I tried to get a sitter so we could go out, but it didn't work out so we just went to Lowes instead to look at sprinkler systems (it was what Jim wanted to look at). Jim got a tuner, a song book, Bob Kauflin's book on worship, and some new guitar pics (Ethan picked those out at the music store- the most audacious is the big triangle pic). I love you, Jim, and I am so thankful that you are my husband and friend!



Then last Sunday we had Micah dedicated at church. The church gave us a form so we could fill out his name, its meaning, a special verse for Micah, and our vision for him. Our responses are below:
  • Name: Micah David Kolmus

  • Meaning/Significance: Micah- "who is like Yahweh?", David- "beloved" (also name of Amber's dad).

  • Special Verse: "But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." Philippians 3:7-8a

  • Vision for Child: We want to see Micah come to know Jesus as his Lord and Savior and to have a deep understanding of the gospel that will affect his heart and translate into godly living.

That is our heart for Micah- that he would come to know the Lord and that that knowledge would transform how he thinks and lives.

2 comments:

Stephen's Family said...

First of all happy belated birthday Jim! And thank you Amber for sharing about Micah's dedication, what a special day. Your verse and you vision go hand in hand, I love them and how neat for Micah to have this frame to help him learn and remind him of the Gospel. I'm anxious for Nathan to be dedicated, hopefully soon after we adopt him and Steve and I might duplicate this form from your church, it's a great remembrance.
Love you all

kreationsbykristina said...

I am glad that you got to do some of what you wanted on your birthday Jim! I am sorry you didn't get to go out though, I know how much fun that is for you all. Congrats to Micah! You have been officially dedicated! We love you and are blessed by the verse and the vision that your parents have for you! We love you and Ethan! Can't wait to see you all next month!!