Way back on January 23rd (man, I am behind!), we had the opportunity to visit the Children's Museum of Greenville located in downtown Greenville. I have wanted to go for some time, but it was a little pricey so we hadn't been there yet. However, thanks to some Christmas money from my Grandma Joy and from Grandpop and Grandmom Kolmus, we were able to take the whole family for an afternoon at the museum and dinner at McDonald's afterwards. Kids under 2 are free so we wanted to make sure we went before we had to pay for Verity ;-).
We had a BLAST! There were quite a few exhibits, all of them kid-friendly and "please touch." Here we are...
We had a BLAST! There were quite a few exhibits, all of them kid-friendly and "please touch." Here we are...
...inside a stomach. The kids could even go down a slide that made noises on your way out (I'll let you use your imagination to think of what kind of noises those would be ;-)...
...climbing up a pole using pulleys (I made sure I used the one with the most pulleys ;-)...
...floating balls in air and playing in a wind tunnel...
...on the farm...
...learning how to recycle and drive a truck...
... playing with water (even with the bibs they got pretty wet!)...
...trying out our xylophone skills in the music room (boy was it LOUD in there. I think they must have to change shifts often for the workers in that room!).
They also had this really cool see-through climbing structure that was fun for the boys (if you look closely, you can see them both up high in this picture). Verity wanted to go in, but she was just a little too young for it... maybe next time, sweetie :-).
At least had some fun mirrors and things for her to look at while she waited for the boys.
Afterwards, we enjoyed dinner at McDonald's The kids were pretty excited that they got to get Happy Meals (it had been a while since we had done that). Thanks again to Grandma Joy and G&G Kolmus for a great day!!!














1 comment:
What a super fun museum! I loved all the pictures, and I am totally positive my kids would love to go there!
What a great family day. :)
Post a Comment