Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ethan's Baptism

Last Sunday I had the awesome privilege of baptizing Ethan.  He had seen baptisms occur during services several times in the past and wanted to know what baptisms were about.  Once he knew it was to show others you were a follower of Jesus and done out of obedience to Him, Ethan was ready to jump in...literally!  After the last baptism he started to walk up the aisle to go get baptized!

So, it was obvious God was prompting him to take this step.  We worked through a short book on what baptism is and met with Pastor Ross.  It was great to see Ethan confessing Jesus and telling about what God is doing in him!  And it was a good opportunity for me to express the fruit that Amber and I've seen God do through Ethan.  We're excited to see what God does with Ethan's life!


Addendum:

So there were a couple more pictures that I (Amber) wanted to add to this post so I'm doing it now.  Enjoy!





6 comments:

Grandma Noni Oranges said...

So wonderful to witness his commitment to his Lord, Jesus Christ.

kreationsbykristina said...

So awesome Ethan man!!! We love you and are so happy for the choice you have made to get baptized and to walk with Christ. Congrats! Thanks for sharing this moment with us guys! love ya!

Chad O. said...

Good stuff, Ethan!! We're excited to see how God continues to use you for many, many years to come!!

Blessings,
Chad O.

Danielle said...

What a special day for Ethan and all of you. How neat that Daddy was able to baptize his son.

Kate Oberholtzer said...

WOO HOO! Congratulations on the most important decision in your life, Ethan! Somebody once told me (and now I tell you) -- "Grow up in the LORD. It's the best place to be."

(and weren't you the one, Amber, who did this same thing in a Tweety bird swimsuit many years back??? Or am I remembering another dear friend's story?)

Unknown said...

@Kate- Yes, that was me, only it was Big Bird ;-) I got baptized in a swimming pool though so it didn't seem quite as out of place ;-)