Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Figuring Things Out

One of my many roles as a mom is "Detective Mom"... in other words, something happened, I didn't see it, and I need to piece together the clues to figure out how to handle the situation (if you're a mom, you'll know that this is a daily role :-).

A week or so ago, I was trying to figure out what happened in a particular situation.  It was clear that Micah hurt Verity so I was asking further questions to find out if it was incidental or intentional.  Here's how the conversation went.

Me: Micah, did you bump Verity on accident or on purpose?
Micah: On accident
Me: Do you know the difference between "on accident" and "on purpose"?
Micah: (Nods his head solemnly) Accident means you don't get spankings.

Let's just say I had to turn my head for a second so he couldn't see me busting up laughing!  He's definitely got a few things figured out. :-)

(By the way, this is Micah being a "Blue Superhero")

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Just read this one to Josh. We both laughed! These kiddo's catch on fast. :)