First and foremost, God used this job to get us back up to Pennsylvania. This position allowed a lot of flexibility. I dealt with suppliers all over the country, and they didn't care where I was located. So, we were able to move up here to be a support and an encouragement to my mom and dad over the past year. God allowed us to encourage them in many ways.
While being away from family was always hard, I wanted to mention two things I really enjoyed about traveling. One was the rental cars. It was great to get to drive many different vehicles, none of which I'll probably ever own! The other was taking pictures in places I had never been before. ...I did actually enjoy visiting the suppliers themselves, too!...
My favorite rental car of all time was the Mazda 6. I started requesting it on my many trips to California. And, I was able to enjoy this car again in Rhode Island this past week. It even had PA tags! While it's considered a mid-size, I enjoyed it much more than the full-size Impalas, etc. Sleek. Sporty. Shiny. It was just a fun car!
And then there was the photography. The photo at the top is of the Beaver Tail Lighthouse on Conanicut Island in Rhode Island. It was great getting to see places like this while I traveled. It would've been nicer to enjoy them as a family, but it was still great to enjoy God's majesty in his creation. Below are some of the photos I took in Rhode Island this past week.
So, the travel wasn't all bad. It gave me plenty of time read books, too! But, it's better that the travel end. So, today is my last day in this position. Pretty crazy. Next week begins a new adventure! I'm a little nervous, but it's always nice knowing that this is where God wants me to be. He put the position in front of us, so now we're just stepping into it. We'll see what the next job God's provided looks like next week!
3 comments:
Very cool pictures, Jim!
Good luck on your new "Voyage"!
Jim,
This is Derek and Danielle Makri from Fellowship Baptist of Highland. We came across your blog and were very excited. We are living in Northeast NJ. It has been so long. Hope to get in touch with you. Lord bless.
Hi Jim,
This is Todd & Bethany reading your family blog. We liked to read about your life and how God is always a big part of who you are and where you are going. You are a great testimony. Bethany says "Hi". Hi to Amber and Ethan too. We just heard about your site from Jenny tonight at dinner. Talk to you soon. Love the Lyches.
Post a Comment