
Two Saturday's ago, I was blessed with a surprise shower, thrown by my incredible sisters-in-law. The shower was held at the Coventry Tea Room, where Jim's sister, Rosemary, works (Thanks, Rosemary, for serving everyone so well at the shower). I have to admit that it wasn't a complete surprise- I
did know about the shower ahead of time, but I was still surprised by the love that was shown to me that day. I was not only showered with wonderful and generous gifts, but I was showered with great kindness and love from both family and friends. I cannot say thank you enough to those who made the day so special!

In the tradition of baby showers, we played many games (this was organized by my amazing sister-in-law, Chris). The picture on the right is one of such games. Everyone had a piece of construction paper that they held behind their back. They then had to rip the edges of the paper to make a silhouette of a baby. Talk about difficult! The game yielded several "interesting" results (on some it was difficult to tell which way was up!), but in the end, Jim's Aunt Darlene won- her baby not only looked human (which was not the case with all of the entries :-), but it came complete with pigtails!

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this shower. I know that some sacrificed a good deal of time, money, and effort to throw me such a nice shower. I thank the Lord that I have such a wonderful family and such dear friends! So thank you for both your gifts and your kindness!
2 comments:
Oh, it was such a blessing to me as well, Amber! It was indeed a lot of fun :) I'm glad you felt loved by it. Many thanks to Chris! She did an excellent job!!!
How fun! Sure wish I lived closer so I could have gone. And what a fun/silly game! I have played many games at baby showers, never that one though.
Post a Comment