Today Ethan and I went to Chick-Fil-A because they have the only indoor playground in the area (all of the outside playgrounds were soaking wet since it rained yesterday). The manager, an older gentleman, was making his rounds and stopped to talk with Ethan. The conversation went like this:
Manager (Mr. Warren): Hello, and what is your name?
Ethan: Ethan. What's your name?
Mr. Warren: My name is Mr. Warren. How old are you?
Ethan: (Ethan holds up his fingers) I'm shree (three). How old are you?
Mr. Warren: (chuckles) Well, I'll tell you how old I am. On my next birthday, I am going to be 65.
Ethan: (smiles and then says) Oh my goodness!
It was a good thing that Mr. Warren was so good humored! Oh, the things that kids say :-)
2 comments:
What a cutie he is! I sure wish we all lived closer to one another. :( It would be so fun to hangout with you guys and let all the boy cousins play...
Wow - Ethan does a great job responding to people when they talk to him! We're still working on that one with our kids answering other adults when they are spoken to. Thanks for sharing this little funny with us! I wonder though if he has any concept of how long 65 years is? :)
BTW - we HAD to hang up Ethan's watercolor pictures. The kids are treasuring them! Isn't that so neat! Thanks, Amber :)
Post a Comment