Monday, October 15, 2007

From the Eyes of a Toddler

Last week, Ethan said several things that showed that he looks at life through a different lens. Here are three of the funniest:

1.) We we're taking a walk last week and Ethan brought his scooter along. When we started to go uphill, he stopped suddenly. He let go of the scooter a little bit and said, "It's going back." He was surprised by this at first, but then he thought of a solution. He told us, "It needs some gas."

2.) Last week, Ethan was walking around the house and he said to me, "What's that noise?" I say, "I don't know. What do you hear?" He replies, "It's a chocolate noise." I started laughing. I have no idea what he meant, but I'm sure that it made sense to him.

3.) I was putting on a pink turtleneck sweater last Friday, and as I pulled it over my head, Ethan starts giggling. He says, "That's so funny. You were Spider-Man." It took me a second to figure out what he meant, but then I realized that with the unfolded neck of the sweater over my face, I probably did look a bit like Spider-Man to him (or should I say, Spider-Woman since it was a pink sweater and I, of course, am a woman). What a trip!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute! I totally love the way kids think!

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh! Too cute! I like when you post these....keep them coming!