Friday, September 11, 2009

Continued Updates...

Thank you all for praying. It sounds like Leah's surgery went very well, and the doctors were pleased with the results. I don't know any more than that, but things sound very positive.

We've all arrived safely in PA, but not where we were planning! I was about a 1/2 hour from Gettysburg when Amber called me from Greenville saying that her flight to Philly had been cancelled! Apparently the weather in the Philadelphia area was pretty bad today. After extraordinary efforts by the USAir lady behind the desk, Amber and Verity ended up on United on a direct flight into Washington, D.C. (Dulles). I was waiting at Amber's folks to hear what the plan would be. Dulles is only about an hour and a half away, so it wasn't a bad trip at all to go pick them up, and she landed only a little later than she would've in Philly. So, now we're staying at Amber's folks and heading to Baltimore in the morning. God provided a great way for this work out.

The drive up went very well. We had good conversation, lots of coloring, and only 1 traffic issue. I-81 was closed in both directions around Roanoke, VA. Fortunately, the one place I travel lately for work is Roanoke, VA, so I knew how to get around on the back roads. It was honestly a very pleasant trip.

So, thank you all again for your continued prayers. I appreciate our God. He's taking care of us through all of the crazy details around this trip. Oh, and I found out that I don't have to report for Jury Duty on Monday! Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

kreationsbykristina said...

So happy it all worked out! Glad you don't have to report for jury duty too!