Monday, July 21, 2008

One Year of Blogging

Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of our blog. It has been a fun way to keep family and friends updated, and it has also been neat for us to look back and see all that has transpired. Here are a few stats from the past year of blogging:

  • Number of posts to date (including this one): 64
  • Highest number of posts in a month: 8 (October 2007)
  • Total number of Amber posts: 47
  • Total number of pics in Amber's posts: 66
  • Average number of pics/Amber's post: 1.4
  • Total number of Jim's posts: 11
  • Total number of pics in Jim's posts: 65
  • Average number of pics/Jim's post: 5.9

So as you can see, I do the majority of the blogging (over four times as much as Jim), and Jim posts the most pictures (about four times as I do!).

Here are the three main reasons we blog:

  • To keep family and friends posted on what’s going on in our family
  • To share lots of pictures without sending massive, inbox-clogging e-mails
  • To glorify our great God and what He has done/is doing in our lives

And for those of you who like word origins, here is the origin and definition of the word “blog”:

  • “A blog (an abridgment of the term web log) is a website, usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog)

Hope that you have enjoyed our blog so far, and we look forward to keeping you informed through this fun medium!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a post! :) Never thought to do a blog anniversary but it was interesting to see "the facts" - I know I DEFINITELY post way more pictures that Keith. (He doesn't post much and hardly ever uses a picture :) It's fun though isn't it? Glad we can keep in touch with you this way - oh - and love the pictures on the sidebar!

Becky said...

I've definitely enjoyed your blog! Thank you for keeping in touch :)

Unknown said...

Just for the sake of accuracy, I need to make a few a corrections to the stats for this blog. I realized that I should not have included this blog in the tally, so the numbers stand as follows- number of blogs:63, Amber's posts:46, and Jim's post info stays the same. Also, this month has taken the record for highest number of posts in a month with 10 posts. So there you have it.