Ethan started swimming lessons this week at the local YMCA. He is in the beginners class for 3-5 year olds and is learning the basic mechanics of swimming. I think that his favorite part is jumping in the water at the end of class. Here are a few pictures of Ethan at his lessons on Thursday:
Before class
Waiting to get in
The kids hold onto a long pole and the instructor has them kick their legs. Ethan usually makes the biggest splashes!
Kicking with the paddle board
Swimming to the instructor all by himself (with flotation)
Having a good time at the side of the pool
Being a ham
Micah goes to support his big bro
And here are a few pictures of Ethan helping Micah to learn to walk (I was a little nervous when I saw him do it at first, but Ethan is very careful with his little bro- as long as he doesn't get the giggles :-):
Btw: Happy Christmas in July! We have been enjoying our Christmas music today.
2 comments:
I'm so glad that Ethan is enjoying the swim lessons :) It looks like he has a great time & is very comfortable with the water! ---And I remember when Josiah would want to help Katelyn learn to walk... it is scary but we even had carpet though. You ARE very brave :). I'm glad our hubbies get some time together this week! Can't wait to hear all about it! We missed you last night at our Zucchini Fest :)
You know Ethan really has such a great smile! Those pics of just him at the side of the pool are just priceless! And what a good big brother he is helping Micah learn to walk! Sure wish we lived closer to see all these little guys grow up!
Post a Comment