Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Mommy

Recently, we were at Sam's Club, and Ethan, being the conversationalist that he is, was talking to the lady handing out samples, telling her that my birthday was coming up, that I would be 29, that Micah's birthday was in so many days and he was going to be 3, and so on.  After we walked away, Ethan made a comment about Jim and I being married for 8 years and how that was a LONG time. 

Then he turns to me and says, "Mommy, I'm glad that you married Daddy." 
"Me, too."  I replied.  Then I asked, "Why are you happy that I married Daddy?" 
To which he smiled and answered, "Because you're such a happy mommy!" 

I told him that I'm glad that he sees that I'm a happy mommy and went on to talk about how thankful I was to be married to Daddy and to have my 3 kids that I love so much, but it was so funny to hear him say that!  It is only by God's grace that I am a happy mommy and that even my children can see it.  Too funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where this conversation could have gone?! I like Ethan's answer - he's such a smart little guy and I'm glad he has a happy mommy :)