Isn't 29 the magical age where people stop getting older and stay the same age forever? ...Maybe not. ;-)
Well I hit this magical age, and it was harder for me than I thought it would be. Now I know that those of you who are older than me are shaking your heads in disgust, but maybe it was hard for you, too. It means I'll be 30 next year. I guess it's just that I'm no longer "young." That doesn't mean that I'm old, but I'm just not one of the youngest anymore and it's kind of weird.
Well I hit this magical age, and it was harder for me than I thought it would be. Now I know that those of you who are older than me are shaking your heads in disgust, but maybe it was hard for you, too. It means I'll be 30 next year. I guess it's just that I'm no longer "young." That doesn't mean that I'm old, but I'm just not one of the youngest anymore and it's kind of weird.
Well, Jim knowing that I had some mixed feelings about my birthday, surprised me with coming home and decorating the house while I was at Verity's doctor appointment. It was really fun to walk in and see all of the balloons (the kids LOVED it). Thank you, Jim, for honoring me (especially in front of the kids). You really made my day special.Here are a couple pictures of the kids singing "Happy Birthday" to me. Micah was quite a character while he was singing which is why I'm laughing in the first picture. Verity even chimed in, which was very sweet to hear an 18 month old sing "Happy Birthday" (it was reminiscent of Micah's "Happy... To You").


2 comments:
Hope you had a great birthday! Hang in there :)
Isn't it funny how numbers affect us as we get older? I feel like I've been the same age for years, and yet the numbers keep climbing! It's been odd to be 27 this year and realize I'm on the "other half" of the twenties more than ever. Those college students are starting to look so young! But I think we all stay a certain age at heart...and whatever that is for you, I know it's not old :) Glad to hear you had such a nice birthday with Jim and the kids!
Post a Comment