In what may become an annual tradition, we again went over to Mt. Zion Christian Church for a big Easter egg hunt they hold every year. It's only a few miles away. They sing a few kid-friendly worship songs, have a short gospel message, and then send the kids off to different sections around their campus. There are no eggs in this egg hunt, though, which I love to point out. They just throw candy and toys all over the ground. This is the second year we've attended the event. I always feel a little bad thinking about how much time it takes for them to set this up, compared to how quickly everything gets picked up. The whole place is clean in less than 30 seconds!
There are ropes sectioning off areas by age. So, Ethan heads off to his zone, and Amber and I each take one of the others to their areas. Here are some pictures from the event.
The final haul! Ethan's basket was so heavy the plastic handle was buckling hard!
Micah since that day has continually said that he got his toys from Candyland! I'm not sure where the idea came from that all of the toys and candy came from Candyland, but it stuck...and it's pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment