The time has come... for our school books to arrive! (Yes, we decided to homeschool another year... and then we'll see what happens next year :-). I was SO excited for the books to come, and kept checking the status of our packages online. Then I saw that they had been delivered. Yay! But when I went to the porch ... NO BOOKS! I walked up and down our street looking on people's front porches for packages. That didn't work so I loaded up the kids and drove our entire street in hopes of finding our precious cargo. Nothing. So Jim called Fed Ex when he got home to sort it out. About 2 minutes after he got off the phone, our neighbor came lumbering up the street with two enormous boxes of books. I probably scared him a bit when I shouted for joy at his arrival! Anyway, I was excited to get them and equally important, Ethan was excited, too. Looking forward to an exciting new year!
I thought it appropriate that the book on top (in the top left corner) was entitled The Children of Noisy Village. I think we might relate to that one! ;-)
And just for fun, here's the link for last year's Box Day. It was, well, typical of our crazy family. Enjoy!
http://amberkolmus.blogspot.com/2010/08/box-day.html

No comments:
Post a Comment